Summer semester starts on July 16th, so in the coming days you will see new posts introducing the students from our summer iteration of General Psychology. The summer version of the course has fewer students, but they will be posting more frequently, so make sure to keep up with our writing for this 6-week course. This is also the first time we’re conducting the course completely online, so it’s a new adventure for all of us. If you want to know more about me, you can read about my background here.
The prompt for the students’ introductory post is below:
For your first post, I want you to introduce yourself and provide a little background about how you approach the course. In addition to whatever general information you want to share about yourself, please also answer the following questions:
- Why you chose to take this class? (It is okay to be honest)
- What background, if any, do you have in psychology?
- What do you think of when you hear the word “psychology”?
- Look at the course schedule on the syllabus. Which three topics look the most interesting to you? Why? Which three topics look the least interesting to you? Why?
- What question about psychology do you want to answer by the end of this class?